Sunday, March 4, 2012

Timeline for book Three?

I've been thinking a lot about when I want to start the next project: Book 3 of the Mageri series. It's already written, but requires several drafts and reads prior to editing. Essentially - that's numerous rewrites. The first part of this process requires me reading the book all the way through and taking notes. I use a great program called Ywriter and it helps me organize the chapters and summarize them, but I still need to go through it with a fine tooth comb. I have to heavily consider cuts and what I want to expand on or change.

Anyhow, I've been enjoying the free time I have since publishing "Twist",because finding time to read while writing is challenging. With that thought in mind, it seems that I will have to break down and purchase a real life Kindle. I do have the Kindle app on my PC, but I need something portable that I can read at work and in the car. Honestly, I don't like having paper books sitting on my desk.

The next weekend I'll be busy as its my birthday, but I think after that I'm going to start with the first read through for book three of the Mageri series. There's a lot of work to be done on it, so I hope that you continue to follow my blog or facebook page so that you can stay up to date on the progress.

I'd love to actually start on Friday since I have the day off, but I have a dentist appointment and a trip to the DMV and possibly the tax office. So naturally, the universe decided to combine my three most favorite things into one joyous occasion. I do have a scheduled vacation coming up at the end of April, so I think in addition to goofing off during that time, I'll also be doing a lot of work. It's hard to find a work life balance when you have two jobs!


I just finished "Cry Wolf" by Patricia Briggs, and am currently reading the Darkest Passion, in order to catch up with this series! (Book image to left)

Yes, I read all kinds of fiction. In fact, it was either this or "Winter's Bone", but I decided since this book had a new release I wanted to get it it quickly!











TWIST is doing pretty great!

US charts:
#14 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Fantasy > Contemporary
#17 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Contemporary
#51 in Books > Romance > Fantasy & Futuristic

UK charts:
#2 in Books > Fantasy > Contemporary
#2 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Fantasy > Contemporary
#5 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Paranormal

The market is more competitive in the U.S., so those are really fantastic numbers. I had a surreal moment last week or so when I was right on top of Stephen King. That'll never happen again, but it was like virtually brushing shoulders with a God...praying you don't get struck by lightning for enjoying it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to dig through my kitchen and cook up something with zero nutritional content.

13 comments :

  1. Happy early birthday and enjoy your upcoming vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much for the b-day wishes!

      Delete
  2. I have just finished reading Sterling and Twist (in one day) and I can't wait until the next one.

    Love the way that you bring the characters to life and the pace of the story. It makes it very exciting to read.

    A new fan :-)
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support, Shona! So glad that you enjoyed the story and characters, and hope each book has something new to offer :)

      Delete
  3. I also just finished reading Sterling and Twist in the same day, which means I didn't step a foot outside on Sunday. I blame you and the ease of reading on Kindle for a completely lazy Sunday. I really enjoyed the further character development and the introduction of Logan. Although I don't know what the future holds for his character, he seems to have a pretty good moral compass (well for sci-fi, I overlook all the killing so I probably have a skewed idea of morality) and appears sincere. I'm assuming Justus is going to remain sort of the father-figure, but I think he and Logan are my favorite 2 male characters. The introduction of Levi was also funny, especially his patting Simon's ass. Hopefully, you'll be able to publish books 3 and 4 soon. Your stories combine dark with light and I enjoy the "optimistic" outlook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that you managed to complete both books in one day! They're pretty decent size books; perhaps I just need to add a few extra chapters to the next one. ;=) I'm so glad you like all of the characters; I think each person has something unique to bring to the story. They can be a dark read, but I always enjoyed a...Silver lining ;-)

      Delete
    2. I think it reflects more on the readability of the books, and the dedication ofthe readers than the length of the books! I also pounded them out in under 24 hours, but only because I could not stop reading. Having said that, I like nice long books,so I will happily read as many extra chapters as u want to gjve us :)

      Delete
  4. Just finished Twist, loved it! Want more of it.
    Cant wait for the next installment, no seriously i can't wait. ;)
    Great job, happy belated birthday fellow piscean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gaby! So happy you liked it. Ha, will try to get book three out as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for the bday wishes! I keep wondering if I am Pisces; remember that new astrological sign that came out that put everyone in a tizzy? I think it moved me from a Pisces to an Aquarius, if I remember. Talk about an identity crisis

      Delete
  5. I am just finishing "Twist" and I love it. I am a complete book junkie and my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy. It is nice to see a new take on urban fantasy with the characters and I found it quite easy to become attached to them. I went back to Amazon to look for more and found your blog so here I am..noobie follower.If you don't mind, I'd like to post a bit about the books in my blog and put a link to here. It's a modest blog in size and not for the faint of heart at times .When you are middle aged ( +55), you don't have to take ^&*() offa anyone...in my view at least...so I rant at will.

    Waving from Houston.

    Jane/Aunty Pol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, and I'm so glad that you are enjoying the series! I love everything within the realm of sci-fi, sometimes wishing they all didn't come with labels. Thanks for the follow! I have more books coming out so be sure to keep checking in, and yes, please feel free to post about them on your blog! Thanks so much for the support :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Dannika, I just wanted to let you know I finished both books in 3 days inbetween housework,mother duties etc anytime I could grab a minute, I haven't been this addicted to a book for a long time, cannot wait for the third installment. I love the way you write and the characters are all wonderful. Logan of course had me swooning. Please don't keep us waiting too long.

    Cheers,
    Sha - Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sha, you rock! I don't know how you managed to fit it in with your busy schedule - especially being a mom! Thank you so much for trying out my series and I'm really pleased that you've enjoyed it. I'm anxious to release the next couple of installments and hope that everyone is along for the ride. :)

      Delete